Friday, January 27, 2017

LTA KPOP EP 109: Top 10 Drama Release in 2015

Welcome to the first episode in awhile or should I say 1 month no updates. I been crazy these past months because of work and traveling but I'm back plus school is back too. So in this episode we are going to talk about the top 10 drama release in 2015, again my own opinion and based on what I watched in 2015 only. 

At number 10 we have....

House of Bluebird
(Picture found on Google, provided by dramafever.com)
House of Bluebird or aka Bluebird's House is a KBS tv series starring Lee Joon Hyuk, Kyung Soo Jin, Chae Soo Bin and Lee Sang Yeob in a 50 episodes about attitudes of Koreans toward work and the conflict between the desire to fulfill personal dreams and the need to make a living.

Although it was a 50 episodes long drama, it was a very good drama to watch, I kept wanting more from the four main leads. I also fell in love with the relationship between Chae Soo Bin and Lee Sang Yeob's characters too. 

At Number 9 we have....

The Producer
(Picture found on Google, provided by dramafever.com)

The Producer is a KBS tv series starring Cha Tae Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Soo Hyun and IU in a 12 episodes long drama about employees who work in the network's variety department and keeping hectic schedules of filming, editing and all night meetings. 

I was excited to watch this drama because of the four main leads. It was sort of fun to see the behind the scene of filming and editing along with the working in an office part of shows that I love to watch. Although it was scripted, it was fun to see the love line created and us as viewers guessing which male lead was Gong Hyo Jin's character was going to pick at the end. Also I can't forget about IU's character and the hardship that a celebrity or an idol may have when rumors and scandals happen to them in real life. 

At Number 8 we have....

Oh My Venus
(Picture found on Google, provided by dramafever.com)

Oh My Venus starred So Ji Sub and Shin Min A in a 16 episodes long drama under KBS about a personal trainer who fears his father and pity his grandmother and a lawyer who once was an ulzzang in her teens now gained a lot of weight. 

This was a fun drama to watch because of the cast. Super Junior M's Henry and Sung Hoon are also part of this cast and their scenes are what might of made this drama a very good drama to watch, for me. 

At Number 7 we have...

Ex-Girlfriend Club
(Picture found on Google, provided by pinterest.com)

Ex-Girlfriend Club aired under TvN with 12 episodes starring Song Ji Hyo, Byun Yo Han, Lee Yoon Ji, Jang Ji Eun and Ryu Hwa Young about a webtoon artist whom webtoon are base off his past relationships. 

I was excited for this drama because of Song Ji Hyo but at the same time it was because I was thinking in my head why would you bring together your ex-girlfriend. It was great but it was shorten to 12 episodes long, originally 16 episodes. 

At Number 6 we have...

The Virtual Bride
(Picture found on Google, provided by dramafever.com)

The Virtual Bride aired under KBS with a total of 12 episodes starring Kim Dasom and Ryo Soo Young about a former idol group singer appearing in a reality show that pairs up fake mothers- and daughters-in-law.

I was excited to watch this drama because of Dasom. I feel like this is very similar to the reality show 'We Got Married' but that fact that it deals more with the mother on the show instead of Ryu Soo Young's character. To said I love the family relationship and situation more than the two main lead relationship. 

At Number 5 we have.......

Cheer Up!
(Picture found on Google, provided by dramabeans.com)

Cheer Up! or aka Sassy Go Go aired under KBS with 12 episodes starring Jung Eun Ji, Lee Won Keun, Ji Soo, Chae Soo Bin and Cha Hak Yeon about high school students misadventures including love, heartbreak, pain and friendship along with family relationships. 

Another drama that got me excited because Eunji was in it along with Cha Hak Yeon or VIXX's N and Chae Soo Bin. The cast sound amazing by these names and then I discovered Lee Won Keun and Ji Soo. Honestly, I think I might of have seen some other dramas the Lee Won Keun and Ji Soo done before but these drama made them pop out to me. It was a fun drama to watch but at the same time I was like it getting out of hand too. 

At Number 4 we have....

Reply 1988
(Picture found on Google, provided by kdramaworld.com)

Reply 1988 aired under TvN with 20 episodes as the third installment of TvN's Reply series. This drama starred Lee Hyeri, Park Bo Gum, Go Kyung Pyo, Ryu Jun Yeol, and Lee Dong Hwi about five families living in the same neighborhood in the year of 1988. 

Okay, if you haven't seen this drama at all, you must see it; but I am pretty sure you have to at least seen either Reply 1997 or Reply 1994 because these one is amazing. I honestly love this drama but I also love the series in general and I can't wait for another drama under this series. 

Before I get to the top 3 drama release in 2015, I should mention some honorable candidates of 2015. In no particular order here are some drama release in 2015 that didn't made onto this top 10 list. 

Healer | High Society | Noble My Love | She Was Pretty | Kill Me, Heal Me | Hyde Jekyll Me

Okay back to the list here is my top 3 drama release of 2015. 

At Number 3 we have....

Oh My Ghostess
(Picture found on Google, provided by koreandrama.org)

Oh My Ghostess or Oh My Ghost aired under TvN with 16 episodes starring Park Bo Young, Jo Jung Suk, Lim Ju Hwan and Kim Seul Gie about a girl who gets possessed by a ghost and an arrogant star chef whom is her boss. 

I didn't wanted to watch this drama at first because I am scared of ghost but I am glad I watch this drama. I love the chemistry between Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk's character plus Kim Seul Gie's ghost character was the funniest. Not only is that Lim Ju Hwan's character played a huge part of this drama. Something I would rewatch. 

At Number 2 we have....

Girl Who See Smells
(Picture found on Google, provided by hancinema.net) 

Aired under SBS, The Girl Who Sees Smells or Sensory Couple aired with a total of 16 episodes starring Shin Se Kyung, Park Yoo Chun, Namgung Min and Yoon Jin Seo. This drama was adapted from a webtoon about a serial killer who only leave behind a clue for each victim, a barcode on their arms and how Park Yoo Chun and Shin Se Kyung's character involves around it. 

I didn't know what this drama was going to be about nor was I that excited for it but as I started watching the drama and as it progressed, I became curious and wanted more. It was a good 16 episodes long drama and even after the last episode aired I still wanted more too. 

Last but not least, at Number 1 we have...

Who Are You School 2015
(Picture found on Google, provided by dramabeans.com)

Who Are You School 2015 is parted of KBS's school series that started in 1999 to 2002, but was brought back in 2013, this is the sixth installments about the struggles and dilemmas currently being faced by Korean youth. This drama starred Kim So Hyun, Yook Sung Jae and Nam Joo Hyuk in a 16 episodes long drama. 

Another great series, although it hard to even find the first four installments to watch, I love the fifth installments that aired in 2013 with Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin. I was excited for this drama to aired plus each episodes left me wanting more. 

Here you go my top 10 plus honorable mentions of drama release in 2015. I am excited for the list of 2016 and I think I might make it top 20. Thanks for toning in to read this and I promise you, I won't leave you hanging this second half of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment